Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Eat It Brooklyn goes camping....

Peekytoe Crab Beignets. Gotta love hot balls filled with crabs.
Photo by Eat It: The Brooklyn Food Blog

The lovely Eat It: The Brooklyn Food Blog has yet another culinary greatness to report on over in Park Slope. I'm always looking for a nice seafood restaurant (Red Lobster totally counts, sorry folks but those cheddar biscuits rule and since they aren't in my neck of the woods I'll settle bitches).

Traversing the Brooklyn Fish Camp on 5th Avenue, here's what she had to say:

"When I asked my Mom the other night what she wanted for dinner, she said, "A salad and a nice piece of fish", so naturally we headed to Brooklyn Fish Camp, (165 5th Avenue, between Douglass & Degraw Streets, 718-783-3264), the BK outpost of Manhattan's Mary's Fish Camp. I'd actually never been there, but was pleasantly surprised and have now added it to the long roster of great Brooklyn restaurants. We were seated in the little backyard courtyard at one of the long communal tables. There were a few red, white & rose wines by the glass, a handful of beer on tap (we got a Pilsner and an IPA that were delicious - Victory and Greenflash), and a selection of specials as well."

"For our entree, my BF & I shared the Grilled Daurade Filet with Yellow Wax Beans,
Cannellini Beans and Radishes. There were two big pieces of fish that was meaty and slightly oily, brightened up by the beans & radishes. It was a satisfying and delicious dish."

For more photos of the meal and general uncensored food arousal, check out Eat It 3 times a week. I do like Victory Pilsner, especially when feeling full at The Spotted Pig on a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: