Monday, January 18, 2010

Shout Out To T-Sides Blog: Her Fave Music Of 2009

While our resident film critic Chris Cabin is gearing up for music in 2010, the KCB looks to the T-Sides for help recapping some good tunes from 2009 to start this weekend. While I'm not familiar with everything on her list, I was really into the new Dirty Projectors and Neko Case and I'm glad that I know at least some new music since my iPod must be screaming at me to stop listening to Strung Out and, I don't know, old New Found Glory.

Just as a taste, here's her 5 through 10:
10. (tie) Dan Auerbach, Keep It Hid
10. (tie) Dodos, Time To Die
9. Kurt Vile, Childish Prodigy
8. Akron/Family, Set ‘Em Wild, Set ‘Em Free
*7. Dirty Projectors, Bitte Orca
*6. Wild Beasts, Two Dancers
**5. The Jobz, S/T

She's got the good reasoning for all her picks so I suggest you check out her Top 5, those asterisks/footnotes, and other picks here: T-Sides 2009 In Review.

Where does Animal Collective fall on her list? Read to find out, but check out their video from their past year effort for "My Girls" below. I suggest listening to it after watching Avatar (click to read Chris Cabin's review).

No comments: