Friday, May 29, 2009

Food2 Presents: a NYC cocktail that has a bunch of ingredients that I wouldn't know how to get my hands on


Chinatown bars, what an anomaly. Enter Apotheke, whose mixmaster (ok ok ok mixologist) Orson Salicetti (sounds like he should be north of Canal) has something that will put a spring in your step and all around, put the spring in spring, and involves "dust" that isn't from drugs or Peter Pan.

Picture and ingredients taken from the friends at Food2:

"Ingredients:
1 oz. Navan Vanilla Liqueur
1 oz. Ice Wine
1 oz. Fresh Honeydew Juice
1 oz. Honey Lime
Honeydew and Madagascar Vanilla Dust Garnish"

I have none of these things. Which is why on my way to pick up some noodles, cheap seafood, oyster sauce, and other assorted Chinese things, I'll make a stop.

1 comment:

tohming said...

i have a feeling chinese don't quite like cocktail. they prefer pure liquor. i am curious to know if food2 can have good business selling cocktail in china town...