Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bushwick: A Neighborhood that I may someday travel to

While I'm a snob when it comes to dismissing hipsters (is that a hypocritical statement?) I always found going to Williamsburg over the last few years to be fairly invigorating and fun, many a good night. With shows at Europa as well, I've gotten to see a bit of Greenpoint as well, and it's definitely a cool little neighborhood. The G train now sits well with me as I can at least make it to Lorimer (Union Pool, Pete's Candy Shop), and GP in about 15-20 minutes which is nice.

I've never made it to Bushwick. For me it's a bit out of the way, but nevertheless, it's been "the new Williamsburg" ever since I could remember, so I've always been a bit skeptical. More hipsters isn't my idea of a good time, but for me it's always one of those things where I know that when I come out of an evening among them, I'm the normal one. I think. It's like Mad Men season 1, where Mr. Don "suit" Draper gets to hang with the cool but pretentious EV kids.

Brooklyn Paper has a nice, albeit a bit wide-eyed-wonder skip/hop through some notable social establishments in the Bushwick this week, and it's definitely worth checking out if you have a day/evening to spare. Check out the article here.


View Larger Map

No comments: